Prices start from £34.99 for Guernsey; £39.99 for Jersey; and £49.99 for Manchester and Dublin. All fares now include a generous 23kg hold luggage allowance included in the price. Flights are now on sale at the airline’s new website, www.blueislands.com and all customers are invited to sign up to the airline’s new Blue Skies Club frequent flyer programme.
Flying in a 70-seat ATR72 in brand new corporate colours, the airline confirmed four initial routes
* Southampton-Jersey – daily rising to double daily - from 31 August
* Southampton-Manchester - daily - from 31 August
* Southampton-Dublin – four times weekly - from 31 August.
* Southampton-Guernsey – double daily from 31 August
* Bristol to Jersey - four times weekly, flying Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 3 August, moving to daily from September.
* Exeter to Jersey – three times weekly (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday initially) from 3 September
* Birmingham to Jersey - operating Monday/Wednesday/Friday and Sunday from 31 August.
* East Midlands to Jersey operating three times a week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) from 29 September.
“Blue Islands is committed to simplifying regional air travel - with no hidden costs or stresses over bag restrictions,” said CEO Rob Veron. “In addition, we know that our passengers require strong wellbeing measures before flying and we are pleased to have introduced a very robust set of measures to meet this very important need. More details of our Enhanced Wellbeing Onboard can be found on our website. In addition, we are proud to announce our new product offering, refreshed brand identity and new website. Our offering is tailored to the needs of regional passengers. Our aim is to make flying a pleasure again. It’s the little things that matter and make the welcome difference.”